Our NEW COSA 9800™ calorimeter is a fast response, injection-style zero-hydrocarbon emissions calorimeter. It can provide direct measurement of Calorific Heating Value and BTU with a measurement range 0-3000 BTU/scfh. A real advantage with our COSA 9800 calorimeter is that it can handle high sulfur concentrations with an H2 measurement option.
- Industrial PLC System, Touchscreen HMI
- High Temperature Combustion
- Flameless / No Flameouts
- Built for Indoor, Outdoor, Dirty, and Corrosive Environment
- Precise Measurement of Air Fuel Ratio
- Compact, sturdy O2 Cell is designed to be cost-effective, and for ease of maintenance and service
- Internal sample system up to 50°C with options to 100°C or 150°C
- Full measurement range 0-3000 BTU/SCFH without the need of a specific gravity meter
CALORIMETER MEASUREMENT PRINCIPLE (RESIDUAL OXYGEN MEASUREMENT)
Key advantages to using our measuring principle, based on the Residual Oxygen Measurement Method, are its insensitivity to changes in ambient temperature, very fast response times with the ability to measure BTU values down to zero. A small constant volume of sample gas is injected into a continuous flow of combustion air with each measurement cycle, providing a precisely maintained fuel/air ratio profile. The fuel air mixture is oxidized in the combustion furnace at 1000°C, and the residual oxygen concentration of the combustion sample is measured by a zirconia oxide sensor. The residual oxygen provides an accurate method of measuring Heating Value with optional measurement of Wobbe Index correlated to Specific Gravity of the sample gas. Higher temperature reduces maintenance of the instrument; varying temperature up to 1000°C.