COSA 9700 BTU Calorimeter
Wobbe Index / Calorific Value / CARI
The Cosa 9700 is a fast response calorimeter for the on-line monitoring of Wobbe Index (WI), Combustion Air Requirement Index (CARI) and Heating Value (HV). The COSA 9700 is based on the Residual Oxygen Method (ROM), thus avoiding the use of a flame.
The analyzer is immune to ambient temperature fluctuations and can be installed outdoors or in harsh environments. The high furnace temperature of 1050°C, converts all sulfur constituents into SO2, thus eliminating corrosion issues with the exhaust gas. Optionally, the oxygen concentration in the sample can be measured continuously and the residual oxygen is offset accordingly. Further options include simultaneous measurements of sulfur and hydrogen concentrations.
- High Precision (±0.4% of reading)
- Fast Response (T90 < 5 sec for WI and CV)
- Large Measurement Range
- Residual Oxygen Method (No Flame) with optional measurement of oxygen in sample stream
- High Temperature Furnace (1050°C)
- Low Maintenance
- Small Dimensions
- Outdoor Installation without further enclosure
- Ambient Temperature Standard: -40°C to +60°C
- Waste Fuel Gases
- Flare stack monitoring
- Turbine control
- Combustion optimization
- Gas blending
- Steel Industry
Are you ready for RSR Flare Compliance & Reporting?
Product information and pricing are subject to change without notice.